Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Janelle Competes!

Well Janelle got to compete today. Actually it was between 3:22 and 3:54 am our time so I was up in the middle of the night with my BlackBerry glued to my hand getting updates from Marthe and Janelle!

After Prelims here's what they sent to me.

Marthe: "Janelle sitting in second spot after first flight.... first pass - outside box and step, 32.0....... Second pass great form but outside box and step and slide 32.1 = 64.1........ (Team-mate) Mariah (Madigan) stuck in box twice..... 64.4 took second and Janelle third...... going to finals."

!!!

Janelle: "Super good passes. One step both just outside of the box but good half-outs and I kept my head down in my double lay. I'm super happy! :D"

No Doubt!

Janelle is clearly a Rockstar! Follow this link and check out her passes! You just have to pick the 17-18 DMT Women from the drop down menu above the little screen and choose Janelle!


Janelle made finals for the first time at WAGs! So cool. So now she gets to show her Back Straight to Half-in Full-out Straight routine and her Double-Tuck to Half Full Tuck. The dd in the first is a little low compared to her other passes (4.6 as compared to 5.2's for the prelim passes) but her second pass in finals is just as strong (another 5.2).

She competed her finals in the evening there so the updates came in between 10:30 and noon our time so I've been able to keep up while working. Here's what Marthe and Janelle had to say:

After Finals

Marthe: "Out of box in first routine 31.9..... Second NAILED 32.9...... Mariah 1st...... Two to go but sitting at 3rd.... Something happened - Mariah is 2nd - USA is 1st..... Janelle stayed the same. Finished at fourth."

Nice!

Janelle: " Back lay half full straight was nice. Back lay was great. Half full was a little low. Landed in the box one step out. Double tuck half full tuck was amazing! Stuck in the box!! And now I'm in doping. :P haha."

I told her to try and take less than the 3 hours that Cori took for her doping testing. :-)>

We are soo proud of Janelle. Hah!


Stay Strong,

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment